Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dr Pepper; Kicking The Habit Day 2

   Well to start off, I must say that today was a much easier day. Did I want a Dr. Pepper? Yes! But I wasn't craving one like I did yesterday. So anyway, I made it through the day without having one; I consider today a small victory.
   Psalm 20: 4-5 "May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious".
  I am not sure at this point when I can claim victory, if I ever will, but at this point I am just taking it a day at a time. I sound like someone that is attending an AA meeting. lol But on the other hand I guess it is sort of an addiction or possibly just a bad habit, I am not sure which one. I can tell you this though, for me at least, this isn't easy. I don't like water or diet soda's. I don't like the artificial sweeteners. I don't care very much for the Crystal Lite flavoring you can put in bottled water. There just isn't much around I care to drink other than Dr. Pepper.
   I know you all think I am over dramatizing this whole thing, but kicking a bad habit isn't easy. Just ask someone who has quit smoking or has lost a lot of weight. Most of them had tried several times and failed before they actually succeeded. Now I'm not comparing trying to quit drinking Dr. Pepper to someone who has tried to quit smoking. But I can tell you this, anyone who has quit smoking, lost a lot of weight, gotten off drugs or has overcome alcoholism has been through a rough time and should be very proud of themselves for overcoming their addictions. And I am sure they all had their failures as well as their victories.
   Trying to kick my little bad habit doesn't compare to what these people had to go through, but for me, this is difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment