Sunday, March 8, 2015

Dr Pepper; Kicking The Habit Days 4, 5 and 6

   Day 4 things didn't go real well, but I made it through the day and I think the hot chocolate saved me again. But I could tell that my resolve was starting to slip. I was getting tired of drinking water all the time.
 Day 5 was Saturday and we always go to McDonald's for lunch and I ended up getting a Dr. Pepper. I really don't think it will bother me to just drink a couple of them a week. So what I think I am going to do is have the one on Saturday at McDonald's and then another one on Monday night when we usually end up eating out after our WW meeting. What I can tell you is that I am not going to get back in the habit of drinking several of them a day. I am pretty sure that I can survive on a couple of them week.
   I really don't feel like I have let myself down; if I don't stick with this regiment then I will probably consider myself a failure. I wanted to be honest on this blog and I have been, if I fail at this (and I am sure some of you probably think I have) then it will be on here for the world to see. "The World"  that's kind of funny because I don't think anyone looks at this, but I suppose it is therapeutic. Kind of gives me the feeling that I have someone to answer to. The same thing the WW meetings accomplish.
   Day 6 I really didn't have much of a problem. This afternoon Patty and I had a errand to run and part of our routine is to stop by a convenient store and get drinks to take a long with us. She went in and got her something and I passed. It was a little difficult; that is part of my habit that I will have to break. But the craving didn't last long and I was fine after that.
   After church on Sunday nights there is a group of us that go to Wendy's and have supper; this is one of my more enjoyable times of the week. Yes I wanted a Dr. Pepper but I really didn't have much trouble passing it up tonight, so I think I am getting better.
   I am sorry if the writing isn't very polished tonight, but I have done this in a hurry. I will try to be more diligent on trying to write every night, but sometimes things just get busy. Right now I should be in bed, it is past my bed time, so I had better go

No comments:

Post a Comment